Normal vaginal delivery & childbirth and aging results in widening of vagina, stretching of tissue and loosening vaginal muscles and increased vaginal laxity. Therefor, there may be very little or minimal friction during the intercourse making it unpleasant for both partners, and women may choose the undergo vaginoplasty.
The surgery is a female genital procedure ending up with reduced vaginal mucosa and resized vagina. Local, general or epidural anaesthetic is given depending on our gynaecologist’s advice.
Most women after the surgery report stronger and tighter muscles, increases feeling of pleasure and boosted self-confidence. The procedure brings aesthetic and functional change, and most importantly partners enjoy intense orgasms.
The procedure should be scheduled at the end of menstrual cycle so that the healing of operated area gets faster and you would not confront any discomfort during your next cycle.
Vaginoplasty usually produces permanent results. However, if you undergo any childbirth again, vagina goes back to its original loose state, and you may need to undergo the same procedure again.
- Following the vaginal tightening procedure patients are recommended to have rest.
- After 2-3 days you may go back to your daily routine.
- Loose clothing and cotton underwear is recommended.
- Sexual intercourse and tampon use should be refrained from.
- Hot tubs, swimming, sauna is not recommended for a certain period of time.
- Protect the area from any trauma and avoid any associated sports for at least 3 weeks.
- Surgery duration: 1-2 hours
- Anaesthetic: General, local or epidural anaesthetic
- Recovery time: 2-3 days
- Stay: One week
- Side effects: Dizziness, difficulty in urination, vaginal discharge, mild pain during sexual intercourse, abnormal bleeding occasionally.
- Net result: 6 weeks
- Stitches: Absorbable sutures
Procedure can be combined with labiplasty and some other plastic surgeries.As our sole purpose is to ensure your safety it is always good to consult with our doctor.
Discomfort, slight pain, mild pain during sexual intercourse may occur.
Reduced vaginal mucosa, tightened vagina, increased sense of pleasure during the intercourse, improved friction.
Yes, you can.However, after the childbirth you may have to undergo the same surgery.